I I C O
International Infertility Counseling Organisation
The goals and purposes of the International Infertility Counseling Organization
- Encourage and support international cooperation and education among mental health professionals working in the field of reproductive health psychology and promote a greater understanding of the psychological of infertility, standards of care and practice, cultural dimensions, and legal and ethical issues impacting patients undergoing treatment for reproductive health issues worldwide
- Establish an affiliation with other infertility counseling organizations worldwide by supporting the organization of current professional infertility counseling associations.
- Encourage and support the establishment of additional professional infertility counseling organizations worldwide.
- To establish global professional standards and practice guidelines for the provision of psychological care regarding reproductive issues.
- Organize regular meetings on international infertility counseling at regular intervals in conjunction with the purpose of providing educational opportunities and professional collaboration.
- Encourage the education of professionals addressing the importance of psychosocial support services in conjunction with medical care.
- Establish professional standards and guidelines for the psychosocial care and treatment of infertile patients.